Copley Country Club has a very active league program for golfers of all ages and ability. You do not have to be a member to play in these leagues, greens fees will apply in addition to the league fees. Contact the Pro Shop for exact details.
Nine hole, stroke play using a modified Stableford scoring system.
This system, brought into play a few years ago, has made the league both challenging and competitive for everyone. Points are rewarded on the following basis; Bogey – 1 pt, Par – 2 pts, Birdie – 4 pts, Eagle – 6 pts. Each player must make an assigned number of points based on previous play or initially, their handicap. The player then turns in a score on that basis, i.e., points required 7, points made 9 would net a round score of +2 or points required 7, points made 5 would net a round score of -2. Points required may change weekly based on previous play, points increasing with positive scores, decreasing with negative scores or no change when only the required points are made.
Individually, accumulated points for the entire season.
$45 entry fee and $6 per week.
Copley Credits awarded weekly to the winning teams and at seasons end for individual winners.
Note: Non-members are encouraged to join the Wednesday night men’s league, contact the pro-shop for more information regarding fees and tee times.
- Copley Country Club’s Ladies’ League is open to all who wish to play golf in organized play.
- League starts in May and ends in September (exact dates announced yearly).
- Play is on Thursdays: shot gun at 5pm (players should arrive at 4:30 to register and prepare); earlier tee-times may be made for members wishing to play earlier.
- Cost to join is $45 (fee is used for end of season banquet and prizes).
- $6 weekly fee is paid – used for weekly team and individual prizes.
- Non-members pay a reduced green fee.
- A person may join at any time during the season.
- Players are not required to play weekly (50% attendance needed to qualify for end-of-season prizes).
- Cancellation: We will play in the rain, but play will be cancelled if lightning occurs.
- If partial play occurs the money you paid for green fees and $3 fee will be applied to your next Thursday night of play
- League evenings are rounded-off by members gathering in the Veranda Bar and Grill for tasty food and refreshments.
Format and Play
- Teams are randomly selected each week. Assigned teams maybe formed for tee time conveniences.
- Nine-hole play
- All Play is from the RED Tees (unless announced otherwise)
- All Players will play their own ball, from tee to hole.
- Stakes are placed at longest-drive and closest-to-the-pin on 2nd shot holes for individual competition.
- Each scorecard will consist of 2 scores – player’s golf score for the round and her individual point score (explained below).
- Watch pace of play – pick up ball and bring to outskirts of green if it is looking like a double par score: (For Example: Par 4 hole – if you have 6 shots and are not on the green, pick up ball and bring to edge of green for practicing purposes)
Individual Point Scoring System
- The league uses an individual point-quota scoring system, which makes the league challenging and competitive for all levels of golfers.
- Each player is assigned a points-quota (referred to as points needed) based on her handicap.
- A new player who does not have a registered handicap will be assigned points by Pro Shop manager.
- You earn (make) points based on your individual score of each hole as follows: Double Bogey – ½ pt, Bogey – 1 pt, Par – 2 pts, Birdie – 4 pts, Eagle – 8 pts.
- The goal is to get more points than your quota.
- The team/individual with the highest Net Points (points needed minus points made) wins!
- Your points are subject to change weekly based on your previous individual play.
- Check the pro shop each week to learn your new points needed.
Competition and Prizes
- Copley Credits are awarded to winning teams and individuals.
- Weekly prizes awarded to individuals and teams based on that evening’s play.
- End-of-season prizes awarded to individuals based on accumulated points for the entire season.
An individual is welcome to play in any two Thursday night games without becoming a league member. Guest play” is used by ladies who are unable to make a full season commitment and by new comers who wish to familiarize themselves with the league process before joining. Green fees will apply for non-members. If this is something you’d like to do, please feel free to join us any Thursday evening and play golf with the league as our guest.
Captain and Crew is played every Friday evening.
The format is a four (4) person scramble with a shotgun start. In a scramble, each player tees off on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined, then all play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.
Fees for this exciting event of golf are:
Prizes are awarded in the clubhouse after the score cards are tallied.
Won’t you join us for one of these programs?